Tuesday, 14 March 2017

The Fifth Column

It's half-past ten again,
A note pinned to my door,
says "Your species has been destroyed
by a living alien spore".
I thought I'll ring mother an tell her,
but she's gone off with her fella,
They'll be dancing to Cliff Richard,
In a cellar in Landore.

This is how the end will start,
It's the start of the end.
A hundred girls with a hundred guns,
Will fight for you my friend.
This is how the end will start,
It's the start of the end.
There's a million emails across the world,
Which nobody will send.

First they came for Hockney,
Then they came for Gary B,
A thousand grasping tentacles,
Reached out from of the sea.
Some said we should appease them,
some other people teased 'em,
But nobody would say a word,
to the government who released them.

This is how the end will start,
It's the start of the end.
A hundred girls with a hundred guns.
Will fight for you my friend.
This is how the end will start,
It's the start of the end.
There's a million emails across the world,
Which nobody will send.

I flew my flag for glory,
I saluted the Holy See,
I took a million arrows meant for Shiva, not for me.
I showed my real colours,
I think I showed true grit.
I took a number six bus to Chiswick,
And drove off the cliff in it.

This is how the end will start,
It's the start of the end.
A hundred girls with a hundred guns,
Will fight for you my friend.
This is how the end will start,
It's the start of the end.
There's a million emails across the world,
Which nobody will send.

No comments:

Post a Comment